2013/09/08

Sketchy (Re)Start

This is a "sketchy" start, in more ways than one.
I promised an online-artist friend that I would start an art blog before the end of the weekend.  Officially, it is Monday, but I haven't been to bed  yet, so I hope this counts.

Above is an experiment with two smallish new boxes of pastels:  Rembrandts and NuPastels.  I've signed up for a class beginning next month.  I don't know that I really want to "switch" to pastels, but I love the way pastel artists use color, squiggles and strokes.  Surely I can learn to do some of that with oil paints!  Or encaustic! or mix all sorts of media together.

So I've started. If I find an economical venue that works better for a "gallery" for work better than Blogspot, I'll let you know.

By the way, I have two paintings in the Newburyport Art Association Members Show which opens September 14, 2013.

And I sold a painting at the 8 cubed show last month.
Rack 'Em Up
 Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment