2013/09/17

Finally!

 I finally got to my easel tonight!  I think the "Coq Bleu" might be done.  Ala Prima from a photograph I took at John Traynor's open house.  I don't know whether this rooster is anatomically possible, but I like the energy of the colors and brush work.  8 x 10 oil/canvas
This needs just a bit more detail.  (Also 8 x 10).  Amazing to me how much faster a smaller painting goes after getting used to the larger ones! The sky and clouds aren't reading "right" but I don't know that I much are.  I do want window sashes and shutters, though, and the flag and hanging baskets.
Here's the reference photo:  a home in Kingston, NH.


I also did a little bit of fussing on this one, which I am planning to enter into the NAA Member's Juried Show.  Even if the juror doesn't like it, it was felt more ambitious than anything I've tried before.
 And the "left overs" panel.  Sometimes I knife the paint left over on my palette onto a board or canvas.  Upon turning this one upside down and around... I'm thinking It may have a life as a cat.  What do YOU see?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment